<![CDATA[Pakistan players likely to face boycott at The Hundred 2026 auction ahead of PSL 2026]]> https://www.cricketwinner.com RSS for Node Fri, 20 Feb 2026 15:23:01 GMT https://www.cricketwinner.com/favicon.ico/ Cricket Winner https://cricketwinner.com/ 185 185 <![CDATA[Pakistan players likely to face boycott at The Hundred 2026 auction ahead of PSL 2026]]> https://www.cricketwinner.com/cricket-news/pakistan-players-likely-to-face-boycott-at-the-hundred-2026-auction-ahead-of-psl-2026/ https://www.cricketwinner.com/cricket-news/pakistan-players-likely-to-face-boycott-at-the-hundred-2026-auction-ahead-of-psl-2026/ Fri, 20 Feb 2026 17:02:33 GMT avijit-das Pakistan players likely to face boycott at The Hundred 2026 auction
Pakistan players likely to face boycott at The Hundred 2026 auction

The build-up to The Hundred auction was expected to be normal. Teams were preparing to change their squads. They were discussing overseas players. Agents were making calls. But now, there is a quiet issue around Pakistan players in the tournament.

English media reported that teams partly owned by investors from the Indian Premier League may not consider Pakistan players in next month’s draft. A senior official from the England and Wales Cricket Board reportedly said that interest in Pakistan players would likely be limited to teams that are not linked to the IPL.

Because most teams now have IPL-linked investors, Pakistan cricketers are likely to miss the upcoming edition of The Hundred. In 2025, several Indian companies bought shares in all eight teams. As a result, Pakistani players may not get contracts, even though they have played in the tournament before and have strong fan support.

The tournament will take place from July 21 to August 16. Player salaries will increase this year after new private investments. However, Pakistan players may not benefit from this increase.

IPL-linked teams have not signed Pakistan players since 2009. This is reportedly because of poor political relations between the two countries.

According to a report by the BBC, a senior ECB official told an agent that interest in Pakistan players would likely be limited to teams not connected to the IPL.

Also read -“Very fortunate” — legendary England cricketer gets emotional after ending his coaching tenure amid T20 WC 2026

IPL-Linked Owners Raise Questions Over Pakistan Players in The Hundred

Among the eight teams in The Hundred, Manchester Super Giants, MI London, Southern Brave, and Sunrisers Leeds are partly owned by companies that also own teams in the Indian Premier League (IPL).

A report said that one agent called this situation an “unwritten rule” in T20 leagues that have Indian investment.

Last year, ECB chief executive Richard Gould said he expected players from all countries to be selected for all teams. He also said the board had clear anti-discrimination rules to ensure fairness. Teams that were asked to comment did not respond.

An ECB spokesperson said that The Hundred welcomes men’s and women’s players from all over the world. The spokesperson added that the eight teams should reflect that diversity.

Pakistan Representation and Growing Concerns

Almost 1,000 players from 18 countries have registered for The Hundred auction. More than 50 players, each from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Pakistan, and the West Indies are on the list.

Last season, Imad Wasim played for Northern Superchargers, now called Sunrisers Leeds. Other Pakistan players, including Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shadab Khan, and Haris Rauf, have also played in the tournament. However, no Pakistan woman player has played in the competition so far.

The same pattern can be seen in other leagues. No Pakistan player has played in SA20 since it started in 2023. All six teams there are owned by IPL-linked groups. In the UAE’s ILT20, which is controlled by owners connected to MI London and Southern Brave, no Pakistan player has been signed in four seasons.

This is where the situation becomes unclear. Richard Gould had earlier said that there would be no such restrictions in England and that the league would remain open to all players. Now, those comments are being discussed again.

In the past, Pakistani players were regularly picked. Mohammad Amir and Imad Wasim both played last season. There were no clear problems at that time.

If the recent reports are true, things may change. Team combinations may look different. Agents and players are watching closely. The auction list will be released soon, and that may show the real picture.

]]>
U/A 13+